For everything you need to know about Getting Married, from our initial contact, first meeting, legal paperwork and ceremony format, through to your rehearsal and ceremony, I will help guide you through the process.
I will ask you a few straightforward questions in relation to the date, time and location of your ceremony in order to confirm my availability.
Our first meeting
An opportunity for us to meet and greet and for me to find out all about you!
I will ask you to bring with you some documentation to establish your identity, including:
– an original: (1) *Birth Certificate; or (2) an *official extract of an entry in an official register (*preferable if born in Australia), or (3) an Australian or overseas Passport showing the date and place of birth; and
– if providing a Birth Certificate, a driver’s licence or a Passport by way of photo ID; and
– evidence of any name changes (if applicable); and
– evidence of any divorce or death of a party’s spouse (if applicable).
I will explain all legal documentation to you, including the Notice of Intended Marriage form (‘the NOIM’) and the Declaration of No Legal Impediment to Marriage (‘the Declaration’). The NOIM must be completed no earlier than 18 months and no later than one month before the date of the marriage. The Declaration is usually signed closer to your ceremony date (for example, this will be done at a rehearsal approx. 1-2 weeks before your ceremony).
A significant obligation of a marriage celebrant is to advise you on the availability of relationship education services. Whilst this is not compulsory to you getting married, it is important. There are various courses available to help you develop and maintain strong and healthy relationships.
Once the NOIM is signed, I will provide you with a brochure titled Happily Ever…Before and After which contains Important Information for couples planning to marry.
I will be upfront with my fees, booking fee and refund policy. If you are happy to engage my services and an agreement has been reached, I will ask you to sign a Service Agreement and Statement of Fees.
In terms of time, I anticipate spending anywhere from 10-15 hours with you on activities like email communications, telephone calls, meetings, ceremony document preparation, rehearsal, managing and performing your ceremony.
Whilst Celebrant fees can vary depending on level of experience, inclusions and location etc. I will tailor a package that best suits your needs. I believe my fees are reasonable and competitive and enable me to perform at my best to conduct your wedding day in the most professional manner.
‘Legals Only/Elopement Ceremony’
Ideal for very small ceremonies, with limited inclusions.
Fees: From $605.00 (inclusive of GST). Travel fees apply for locations outside of Brisbane. Contact me for a more detailed quote and list of inclusions.
‘Full Personalised Ceremony’
In summary, this package includes:
– all correspondence with you by phone and email
– unlimited meetings with you to discuss your special day
– thorough explanation, preparation and correct lodgement of all legal documents
– advice in relation to your order of ceremony, vows and readings
– personalised ceremony document preparation
– discussion on the availability of relationship education services (pre-marriage counselling)
– advice in relation to the Name Change process
– a rehearsal, in preparation for your ceremony (location as agreed)
– your ceremony
– a personal PA system, with music capability
– a lovely high table for signing, with linen and elegant decorations (if venue does not provide it), no charge.
Fees: From $880.00 (inclusive of GST). Travel fees will apply for locations outside of Brisbane. Contact me for a more detailed quote.
‘Mid-Week Riverside Ceremony’
This package is available Monday to Thursday ONLY and is ideal for Elopements and Small Ceremonies for up to 15 people. (Extra guests of up to 25 people, will attract an additional fee) | Inclusions: Celebrant, Photographer, Stylist, Hair & Makeup, Flowers & Wedding Cake.
If you are flexible with dates and location and want to save $$.
Fees: Package inclusions are also flexible, so total fee will depend on inclusions chosen. Contact me for more details and request a brochure.
Whilst based in Brisbane, I do travel up and down the QLD Coast most weekends between the Sunshine Coast and Northern NSW (including Toowoomba). I am also willing to travel to your dream location outside of these areas, by special arrangement.
In addition to the above, I can also help you to complete an application form to the QLD Registry of Births, Deaths & Marriages, for an official copy of your Marriage Certificate to be sent to you after your Ceremony. The application fee (payable by you) to the QLD Registry is $49.50 plus postage. *Fees may vary from State to State (eg. $60.00 for marriages in NSW).
In choosing me as your Celebrant, I will also present you with a small gift as a token of my appreciation.
If you have any questions at all, please feel free to Contact me. I look forward to hearing from you.
**SAVE $$ when you book your Ceremony Monday to Thursday**
Reduced rates are offered for mid-week elopements and full personalised ceremonies only, between Monday and Thursday.